(+27) 12 361 5095

(+27) 83 399 8555



Multiprof Town Planning Services

Multiprof Property Intelligence - Town Planner Pretoria

Multiprof aims at improving the welfare of people and their environment by creating a more convenient, fair, healthy, and attractive surroundings for present and future generations. Positive outcomes are based on finding the optimum balance between new development, essential services, environmental protection, and innovative change. Our Town Planning team has more than 30 years of experience, gained in both the private and public sectors. While excelling across the board, they are particularly skilled in the field of practical Town Planning issues requiring an extensive knowledge of the related legislation and processes.

Not what you are looking for? See our other services.

Detailed town planning services

  • Township Establishment
  • Rezoning
  • Consent-use
  • Consolidation
  • Removal of Restrictive Conditions
  • Second Dwelling
  • Subdivision
  • Support services to Estate Agents
  • Project management
Town planning Pretoria

Contact Us today for a quotation or consultation!

At Multiprof Property Intelligence we pride ourselves in excellent customer service. We will always go the extra mile for our customers. Contact us to find how we can help you with the complexities associated with being a homeowner, or if you require information on the various services we offer.

Town Planning Frequently Asked Questions

Town planning is a dynamic profession that aims to improve living environments for present and future generations by creating equitable, healthy, efficient, and appealing communities. It involves designing and managing development and land use from local to national levels.

A town planner is a professional who works for government bodies, private planning firms, or developers. They engage in tasks such as formulating long- and short-term land use plans, monitoring regulations, and ensuring projects comply with rules. They also assess transport, housing, and environmental studies and provide recommendations for optimal development.

A town planner’s tasks include designing, implementing, and administering government plans related to land use, zoning, public services, housing, and transportation. They provide advice to stakeholders, assess proposals, and recommend approval or denial. They also evaluate regulatory constraints and propose necessary changes for projects.

Town planners can work for various organizations, including government agencies (national, provincial, local), private sector entities (corporations, consultants, architects, developers), research institutions, and universities.

To submit a land use application, approach the local municipality’s planning department, obtain application forms, and compile necessary documents. A professional town planner should be appointed to draft and submit the application. Upon submission and payment of fees, the application will be reviewed by the council.

Land-use application approval can take up to a year, depending on the type of application. After submitting to the council, the application undergoes scrutiny, internal department comments, and potential advertisement. If no objections arise, the evaluation process concludes with either approval or refusal.

Town planners assist in compiling and submitting land use applications, ensuring compliance with regulations. Their expertise prevents wasted time and money due to municipal procedures, while also guiding the acquisition of appropriate land use rights.

Floor Area Ratio (FAR) or Floor Space Ratio (FSR) is a factor multiplied by a property’s size to determine the gross floor area (GFA) permissible for development. It defines how much can be built on a property, often referred to as “bulk.”

A zoning certificate confirms a property’s land use zoning and provides information about development restrictions, such as coverage, height, and floor area ratio. It’s essential for understanding property development possibilities.

To determine a property’s zoning, obtain a zoning certificate from the local municipality. Consulting a town planner can assist in clarifying the zoning certificate and its implications.

Qualified architects or draughtspersons usually submit building plans. However, ensuring the property’s zoning aligns with the proposed development is essential.